Since 1999, Princeton in Africa has worked with more than 80 different organizations. Click here to see a list of our current fellowship organizations. Princeton in Africa fellowship organizations:
- Are engaged in numerous sectors, including: advocacy, research, and civil society; agricultural development; business & economic development; community-level development; conflict resolution & peacebuilding; education & youth capacity building; environment & conservation; income generation; international humanitarian aid & development; and public & community health. In addition, many organizations have been recognized as social entrepreneurs.
- Are located across the African continent
- Benefit from access to a highly-motivated and talented group of recent university graduates
We are always happy to consider adding new host organizations working on the African continent to our fellowship program.
How Fellowship Organizations are Selected
Princeton in Africa looks for organizations that:
- Can provide a yearlong position in Africa where the Fellow will have an opportunity to play a substantive role in daily operations
- Are engaged in exciting initiatives that work toward Africa’s advancement
- Can cover the on-the-ground costs associated with the fellowship (such as housing and a basic monthly stipend), and preferably help Princeton in Africa with additional program support costs (such as health insurance). Princeton in Africa aims to provide opportunities with a diverse group of host organizations; as such, arrangements with host organizations can vary per organization.
Princeton in Africa takes the security of Fellows very seriously. Our Programs Committee vets opportunities to work with new organizations on a quarterly basis.
Do you know of an organization that we should add as a host organization? Could you put us in touch with contacts that are in Africa or have an interest in Africa? Could you suggest potential sponsors?
We look forward to expanding our network! Please email email@example.com.
Becoming a Fellowship Organization
Organizations that are interested in hosting a PiAf Fellow should complete our online PiAf Fellowship Organization Application (available here). If you have limited Internet access and are unable to complete the application online, or you have any questions about the application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.