Princeton in Africa regularly has internship/volunteer opportunities available and occasionally we have job opportunities as well to join our small, dynamic team here in Princeton. Please check back regularly for more information.
CURRENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Development & Administrative Associate
PURPOSE: Support the Executive Director in all aspects of the organization’s development efforts and provide administrative support to ensure that all programs and activities can run smoothly.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (include but not limited to):
- Work directly with the Executive Director to carry out all aspects of the development strategic plan, including researching & drafting grant proposals, donor acquisition & management, & fundraising events
- In conjunction with the Program & Communications Associate, create external reports & communications targeting potential applicants, partners & funders, including the annual report & annual newsletter.
- Manage logistics and fundraising for PiAf’s annual benefit dinner and other fundraising events, working closely with the Executive Director and members of the Board of Directors.
- Write letters of inquiry, proposals and other requests for corporations, foundations, and individuals, in accordance with our mission.
- Manage annual appeal.
- Assist Program Manager in supporting alumni development efforts including tracking program alumni, organizing alumni events, and maintaining alumni website/database.
- Work with Alumni Working Group and Program Manager to develop and implement yearly alumni campaign.
- Track all donations in DonorPerfect and manage donor correspondence throughout the year.
- Manage all donor records and mailing lists
- Manage reporting to donors throughout the year, including managing communications from sponsored Fellows
- Conduct foundation, corporation, and other prospect research, and identify additional fundraising opportunities that fit within our mission.
- Track monthly financial information & prepare reports for the Executive Director & accountant when needed
- Act as the primary point person for booking logistics for all onsite events including orientation, interviews & recruiting events
- Track financial information directly related to programming including financial aid, stipend payments & reimbursements
- In conjunction with other staff, assist in supervising interns and volunteers, including assisting with the recruitment and selection of interns each semester, coordinating interns’ schedules, and working with other staff to manage interns’ assignments and tasks.
- Relevant office administration duties, including checking mail, managing PiAf’s general email accounts, answering phones, maintaining files, managing and ordering office supplies, maintaining office equipment (e.g., printers and laptops), making room reservations, reserving conference phone lines for meetings, working with University staff on IT-related issues, etc.
- Assist Executive Director with supporting PiAf board members and preparing for quarterly PiAf board meetings.
- Other administrative duties, as assigned.
To Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.
CURRENT INTERNSHIP/VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Spring 2018 Internship
PURPOSE: Assist Princeton in Africa with keeping all aspects of the office running smoothly by providing programmatic, administrative, and development support. Learn how a non-profit organization and an international fellowship program runs, as well as the interesting work our Fellows and host organizations are doing in Africa!
FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM SUPPORT
• Read and collect updates from our Fellows’ blogs.
• Assist with organizing and maintaining files and information about host organizations and Fellows.
• Assist with organizing and maintaining files, and with other preparations for PiAf’s fellowship interviews.
• Assist with other program support, as requested.
• Maintain office hours as agreed upon.
• Assist with mass mailings, managing mail, office supplies, and other office logistics.
• Assist with other office administrative support, as requested.
DEVELOPMENT & EXTERNAL RELATIONS SUPPORT
• Assist with preparations and day-of logistics for PiAf’s orientation and other events in the PiAf program timeline.
• Assist with maintaining our website.
• Assist with other external relations support, as requested.
To Apply: Please email your resume and a cover letter stating your availability during the spring and why you are interested in interning with Princeton in Africa to email@example.com by January 5, 2018. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, but we encourage you to apply early as the number of available internship positions is limited.