Princeton in Africa regularly has internship/volunteer opportunities available and occasionally we have job opportunities as well to join our small, dynamic team here in Princeton. Please check back regularly for more information.
CURRENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES
There are no open positions at this time. Please feel free to check back.
CURRENT INTERNSHIP/VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Princeton in Africa Spring & Summer 2017 Intern
POSITION: Princeton in Africa is looking for an intern to work with our dynamic program team in our office in Princeton, NJ during the Spring of 2017. The position is unpaid, but a great professional opportunity and a fun work environment. We love our interns!
PURPOSE: Assist Princeton in Africa with keeping all aspects of the office running smoothly by providing programmatic, administrative, and development support. Learn how a non-profit organization and an international fellowship program runs, as well as the interesting work our Fellows and host organizations are doing in Africa!
Please email your resume and a cover letter stating your availability during the summer and why you are interested in interning with Princeton in Africa to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, but we encourage you to apply early as the number of available internship positions is limited. Please indicate if you are available to start your internship as soon as possible.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Current college student or recent college graduate, with preference for focus on international relations, international development, nonprofit management, African studies, or similar field related to our work.
• Strong English writing skills.
• Strong Internet research skills.
• Detail-oriented, with excellent organization and communication skills.
FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM SUPPORT
• Read and collect updates from our Fellows’ blogs.
• Assist with organizing and maintaining files and information about host organizations and Fellows.
• Assist with organizing and maintaining files, and with other preparations for the end of the 2016-17 fellowship year and the beginning of the 2017-18 fellowship year.
• Assist with PiAf events, including Reunions and orientation
• Assist with other program support, as requested.
• Maintain office hours as agreed upon.
• Assist with mass mailings, managing mail, office supplies, and other office logistics.
• Assist with other office administrative support, as requested.
DEVELOPMENT & EXTERNAL RELATIONS SUPPORT
• Assist with preparations for PiAf’s annual benefit gala and other events in the PiAf program timeline.
• Assist with maintaining our website.
• Assist with other external relations support, as requested.